19 March 2017

Family Skeletons--What Do You Do When You Find Them?

The My Heritage Blog has a great post entitled, Scandal! Dealing With Skeletons In Your Family Tree. W. Scott Fisher, creator and host of Extreme Genes, America’s Family History Show, shared some of his personal experiences and perspective. Click on the link to read the entire blog article.

Image result for free photo my heritage blog
Family Skeletons--I've been wrestling with them ever since I decided to have my DNA tested a month ago. What if I find something I don't want to know? And if so, what am I supposed to do with that knowledge?

I loved Fisher's insight, "My personal rule is, the feelings of the living, even if the individual in question is dead, must be taken into account. A record that causes pain or embarrassment is contrary to the purpose of family history research and the strengthening of future generations."

I couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you, Mr Fisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment